Thursday, January 27, 2011

Down and Out Another Day

I haven't written many blogs the last couple of days as this week has been hectic trying to get back to work after little one's bout of sickness. All that has halted as of yesterday, I'm out of work again but due to my own bout of sickness, a kidney infection. I woke up yesterday to get ready for work but was in a great deal of pain. I continued to get ready anyways though after having a kidney infection twice before, I knew what this was. I struggled through and got myself ready and little one packed up for the sitters. In my mind, one of two things would happen, either I would work my nine hours then go to the emergency room afterwards or I would show up dying and be sent to the emergency room; either way I was making an appearance at work. The drive to the sitters wasn't pleasant but I pulled through and got little one out and into her house. I told her chances were I would be back to pick him up in a few minutes but she agreed to watch him as I went to pledge my dying self. Once I arrived at work, I went straight to my boss, Dr. Lynn, and begged for him to check me out. He but barely tapped on my side and I was ready to tear up. He said it had to be a kidney infection and then we debated where I should go. I currently have no health insurance as I can't afford to buy it myself and the State of Arizona believes I earn too much money to supply me some, so options are limited. He told me to call another doctor in the office, Dr. Walker and see if he knew anywhere or anyone I could see. He said he had a doctor but not sure because of my insurance and financial situation but told me to do a urinalsys and he would call me back. So off I went to test myself which just confirmed our beliefs and then waited for my call, all the time still working though not on the clock. He called me back and stated he found out how to treat it, Cipro antibiotics, and to wait an hour and he would bring me a bottle as he had them. I will not divulge how he had them though, sorry! An hour turned into two when he finally arrived with the meds and some Vicodin for my pain, my hero! I left to go pick up Christian from the sitters as my pain just grew immensely and made our rough trip home, me moaning the whole way. John came over to watch Christian so I could take the meds and relax knowing little one is being taken care of. Today I feel about the same which is actually good as it usually gets worse but I am home another day, relaying my tale to you. Well I'm off to take some meds now and get some rest and will be back to the grind tomorrow for sure.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment