Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Would Gladly Do it Tomorrow

I came home today tired after a 9 hour shift ready to relax but as I walked inside and set down my keys and purse and just a slight look to the right changed my plans. My kitchen was a disaster and as I assessed the damage I realized that the whole house could use a picking up. Now I grew up with a very clean mother who would clean everyday and she made it seem so effortless though now I think she probably didn't like it very much cleaning up after 4 kids. My stepmom is also quite cleanly and I still remember her spending most days cleaning something. As for myself, I was and still sort of am an organized maniac. I believe everything has a place and I get very ocd when it is not there but when I was in my teens I only really had my room to manage, now I have 4! So after my assessment I decided to greet and play with Christian instead. When he went down to sleep I returned to stare at the dishes once more, but then quickly went off to my room to read Parents magazine. I returned once more after 30 minutes and stared with 2 things in mind, 1. If I stare long enough my fairy godmother would grant me my wish and all would be done or 2. I would plead with my taskmaster side to put it off one more day. That conversation would go something like, Me: Oh please let me do it tomorrow. I worked so hard today and would gladly do it tomorrow. Taskmaster: Ok but it has to be done tomorrow to which I then ask for a raise in allowance and car privileges. Taskmaster then replies quickly, "Well if you did more chores around the house." How did I see that coming?! Well to wrap this up I did my chores and little one woke up to which he decided to play for the next 2 hours as I felt tired but accomplished for lack of a better term. Now I am going to enjoy my reward ice cream, good nite everyone!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment