Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Week of Tears and Sickness

Well most people would start their blog on a happy note, mine is on a sick note. My baby boy Christian is sick for the first time. I take him to a sitter while I work and one of the children had RSV. The sitter told me as soon as she found out and off to the peds we went. He was subjected to a swab up his nostrils but with negative results. Two days later my baby can't sleep and his tempature is rising. We go back to the doctors where we wait behind sick glass for 45 minutes to be told he has it, no test results included. We are told to take him home and keep suctioning him and dose him every few hours with Tylenol. The first night was rough with a huge exclamation! We call the dr in the morning but can't get past the front desk person to a health care professional which makes my mind up that it's time for a new doctor. Things begin to look up in the next few days until one night, Christian's temp reaches 101.9 which is enough for daddy and me and we are off to the children's hospital (this is around 8pm). We seem to get in a room pretty quick but then comes the wait. Christian falls asleep just as the doctor walks in. She says she wants to have him suctioned and to do a blood and urine test and he also appears sluggish so they'll do an iv, hello he just woke up! Well I leave the room for the suctioning as I began to ball at them burrito-wrapping him up. I never cried so hard as I did when I heard my baby screaming in agony! I ran in as the nurse left to console my baby but to my horror he had red spots all over his face. The nurse said he cried so hard he burst blood vessels in his face. The night went on longer as they do the iv and catheter for the urine sample. I believe I cried as much as he did that night. The final answer (at 2:30am) he has bronchialitis and to continue what we have been doing. We were all spent that night and slept hard. Little one is still sick but no fever now. He still moans which breaks daddy and my heart but I think the worst is over. The scariest time of daddy's and my life but just one of many to come I'm sure.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. Well written It made me cry just reading about all he had to go through. Poor baby Im so glad he is better now Im sure you will be through it again sometime and it will be just a painful to watch. It doesnt get any easier. But your a great mom and he is so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete