Friday, February 4, 2011

One Mom and A Long Laundry List

It has been a long week of trying to get caught up from all the time missed here at work. Well, I have noticed that many moms seem to have their blogs dedicated to their weight loss and got me to thinking, I didn't put much thought into getting my pre-mommy body back. Now I do occasionally give a gander into the mirror and have that sneaking thought of, "Wow, where did I go?" but it has not been a top priority on my already long list of things to do. Now weight loss goals seem to be most people's new year's resolution but I don't keep my resolutions and do terrible with setting timed goals for myself, face it I don't have the time for that stuff! I do however want to make an effort to get back in shape, not just for my own self esteem but because you constantly hear about obese children and how lazy the new generations are. I think that by setting a better goal of fitness and healthy eating/living, Christian stands a better chance of being a lean, mean, outgoing monkey! Now, I don't mean that I am going to turn this blog into my own personal weight watchers, I do hope to occasionally update everyone on my progress but that is what it will be, progress, not "here is what I ate this week, here is what I did this week, this is what I lost this week." I intend to change my eating habits, gradually, so I stick to it and start to be more outgoing and do more activities outdoors. Then, I will try to incorporate some exercise into my already jam-packed schedule, as time permits. Right now,  I am at a starting weight of 186 *gasp, a female who told the truth about her weight* and hope to get down to my pre-baby weight of 154, eventually. Another self-esteem boost I hope to work on is the stretch marks. Now before people start coming after me with torches and pitchforks, I know they are my badge of mommyhood but who really made it fashionable to have the train tracks of hell running on you?! Badge or no badge, they need to go, Christian is my badge of mommyhood and the only thing I need to remind me that I am a mommy! While we are on a gradual goal list (laundry list if we may), I want to add saving to that list. I use to be wonderful at saving but now not so much. Shopping is much more tempting now, especially for a baby! I need to work on a nestegg or just emergency fund or anytime fund to use. I hope to work on this by using my couponing skills more efficiently, putting a little away every check, and maybe not buying too much un-needed things (not that I recently bought all that much - no money no fun!) So, though I expect this all to come in time, I hope to see some progress by the middle of this year and will occasionally keep you all informed, as I don't want this to be a constant weight loss journal - who needs that!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! And use your own judgment about it -- don't let your pediatrician dictate. When I was concerned about my son's pudginess, the doctor just kept telling me, "Aw...he'll outgrow it." They were wrong. Emily, Dental Hygienist
    http://www.alliedhealthcareer.org/dental-hygienist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I would like to launch today to you thetykeshop.com is a fabulous children shoes online shop. Please, look up today and get 10% off Code: Love2016 valid until 2016-02-29.

    Have a lovely day.

    Ale P.

    P.S. follow us on Facebook thetykeshop.

    ReplyDelete